Events and Communications Coordinator
Description/ Job Summary
The Bainbridge – Decatur County Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization comprised of 400+ businesses. The organization’s overall goal is to promote economic vitality for our city and county by working on the business members’ behalf.
The Events and Communications position furthers this mission by planning, marketing, and executing Chamber events and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have marketing and event planning experience, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and track multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities simultaneously. Experience with traditional and digital marketing, event coordinating, and public relations is preferred.
Full time position is preferred but will entertain part-time applicants. Job responsibilities and duties will vary.
- Participate in planning and execution of all fundraisers and events, including but not limited to the strategic planning, organization and financial success of the following events: Annual Awards Celebration, Ag Appreciation Lunch, River Town Days, Flint River Fair, SWGA Tinsel Trail, networking events, ribbon cuttings, and monthly member events.
- Responsible for communications for each event: sponsorship retention and recruiting, marketing materials, etc.
- Work to sell sponsorships in advance of event and programs dates to provide maximum value to members
- Coordinate event committees and volunteers
- Implement traditional and digital marketing strategies to further the brand as well as market Chamber events and programs
- Provide informative guidance on benefits to members by frequently and effectively communicating opportunities to existing members
- Assist with member retention and new member recruitment
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business-related field or equivalent experience in a professional environment
- Ability to work flexible hours to include some evening and weekend work
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, reliable and maintain a professional demeanor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database technology, and Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
Internal / External Contacts
Board of Directors
Regional Media/Advertising Providers
Local Government Entities
Event Venues & Vendors
To apply, email your resume to Lauren Minor at lauren@. bainbridgegachamber.com